Osteoporosis is a bone condition in which bones break down sooner in comparison to their regrowth. Bones are the living tissues that regularly break down and replace broken bones with new growing products. In osteoporosis, these bones are become weaken and can cause more breaks and fractures as disease makes them more porous, less dense, and more brittle. No proper cure is available for osteoporosis. Generally treatment includes a mixture of lifestyle changes and medications to reduce the rate of bone re absorption.
Causes of osteoporosis
- Old age weaken bones and lowers mass and density
- Thinner bones as women has
- Low level of estrogen
- Certain drugs such as proton pump inhibitors, and steroids
- Certain diseases, such as multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis
Treatment for osteoporosis
- Medication such as Biphosphonates, antibodies, denosumab
- Hormonal therapy such as Selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) such as Raloxifene, Thyrocalcitonin, and Parathyroid hormone
- Increase the use of calcium and vitamin D rich food such as dairy products, dark green vegetables, enriched grains and breads and soy products
- Use of cereals and orange juice
- Increase physical activities such as exercise, strength training, walking or jogging
Benefits of treatment
- Provides strength to bones
- Increase bone mass and density
- Reduce the possibility of diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma
- Increase the level of estrogen
- Makes a healthy and fit body
- Improves social life
Many people in the world are affected by Osteoporosis and taking treatments such as medications, hormonal therapy, and exercise to lower the bone loss and to increase bone strength.
Dr. Santpure in Kamalnayan Bajaj Hospital, Aurangabad is a renowned name in the field of bone treatment. He prescribe the best possible treatment and lifestyle change patterns to reduce the risks and increase the benefits of treatment.
Visit us: http://drsantpure.com
Email Us: email@example.com